Sunday, June 24, 2012

Day 5

Relieved

Today, Friday, was the best day I've had since my admission into the REU Internship. As this is only the fifth day, I understand that this may not be saying too much; however, a great deal of magnificent information has been soothing my eardrums and stressed mind today.
After beating my head into learning java programming, throughout my time here, I can honestly say I have taught myself a great deal. I've learned that i will no longer have to do this as this will not be our goal in the internship anymore. From this point onward we we will be pursuing and detaining experience in the feild of research rather than programming. Of course, as the knowledge hungry individual that I am, I will continue to learn computer programs and programming them myself, but at a much more relaxed pace since it is no longer a necessity for me to know these things. 
All in all, I', overjoyed to learn that I will be practicing something that will aid me better in my later endeavers to become one of the best mechanical engineers to date.
Honestly, I'm completely.....Relieved. 
6/22/2012



22 June 2012, Friday


From 1:00 to 1:25 I practiced my computer science skills using java.

From 1:30 to 3:00 I attended a meeting with my TAs and partner to discuss future business and learn more.


From 3:10 to 5:10 I conducted research on several topics of interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment